Whether you’re wanting new ideas for Meatless Monday or simply want to swap your lunchtime sandwich for a hearty salad, here’s a yummy recipe from our Dietician Partners, Nutted Out Nutrition that will tick all the boxes!
CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA SALAD
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained, patted dry
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup flat parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 80g reduced fat feta
- Put cauliflower and chickpeas in a large bowl, put in curry powder and olive oil.
- Mix well until evenly coated.
- Roast in the oven on 180oC for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Toast pine nuts in a small pan over low heat until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat it over medium high heat, simmer currants in red wine vinegar for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl with the herbs. Sprinkle with feta
- Serve & Enjoy!